Expression Studio 4 has a wealth of new features to make it easier than ever to create engaging user experiences for the Web, the desktop, mobile devices, & Silverlight. All of the products now support Silverlight 4 and .NET 4 as well as the following specific new features in each of the products.
Expression Blend 4 New Features include:
- VS2010 compatibility
- Windows Phone support
- Deeper Adobe Photoshop import (layer effects)
- New behaviors & conditional behaviors
- Enhanced sample data support
- Listbox path layout for designing with data
- Pixel Shader effects (including animations)
- Easier styling and customization
- Model View View-Model support
Expression Web 4 New Features include
- SEO Reporting from inside of the application
- New extensibility model enables creating add-ins with HTML, JS, and CSS
- New SuperPreview online service beta for browser compatibility testing now supports Macintosh Safari
Expression Encoder 4 Pro New features include
- Live Smooth Streaming (VC-1 & H.264)
- New H.264 encoder from MainConcept
- Enhanced Screen Capture
- DRM (PlayReady) for Live Content
Microsoft is offering a free upgrade to users of version of Expression Studio 3 and Expression Web 3. Once version 4 trial versions are available, you can download and install the trial and Expression will find the version 3 license on your hard. Once the version 3 license is found, the version 4 trial will be automatically converted to full product with no expiration. Note that this is true only for customers who have obtained their version 3 products via FPP or ESD.
For customers who have received their version 3 products through Microsoft programs (MSDN, MAPS, Bizspark, Websitespark, etc.), please download the version 4 products from the respective program download sites.