And hereby I take the pledge
- to never perpetuate violence or remain silent in the face of it.
- to support those facing Domestic Violence.
- to educate myself and others about the Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
- to encourage men and women working towards ending Domestic Violence.
- to advocate for the immediate appointment of Protection Officers, Service Providers and notification of Shelter Homes and Medical Facilities.
- to make at least two more people take the pledge.
- to Ring the Bell (Bell Bajao).
Domestic violence is not just with a woman who’s beaten by her husband; it’s also happening to the girl whose brother curses her and calls her names, and the elderly lady whose son won’t give her money.
Bell Bajao (www.bellbajao.org) is an awareness and intervention campaign against domestic violence, released in collaboration with the Ministry of Women and Child Development. It has been created pro bono by Ogilvy & Mather. The campaign urges you to take a stand, move forward than the “it’s not my business” attitude. Stand up, speak up.
P.S. If you take a pledge or mention the initiative on your blog, please leave the link in comments below. Thank you.